Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the tastiest, lowest fat banana oatmeal muffins ever.

First, London enjoying blueberries for the first time:

I am a big fan of banana nut bread. The recipe I often use calls for 1 cup of sugar and plenty of butter. You can imagine my skepticism when I found this recipe for banana oatmeal muffins and it lacked any presence of my most beloved spreadable condiment. But... this morning I had two ever-ripening bananas that refused to go to waste...so... I decided to give it a whirl...
I do hope you'll try this recipe yourself! These muffins are ever so tasty. Check out the nutrition facts at the bottom; you won't believe their tastiness!
I've included a picture. Not because they are necessarily attractive, but because I believe that most good recipes come with a picture! Bon appetite!

Banana Oatmeal Muffins

1 c. all-purpose flour

1 c. quick-cooking oats

1 T. baking powder

½ t. baking soda

¼ t. salt

1 t. ground cinnamon

1 large egg

1 c. low-fat buttermilk

1 c. chopped ripe banana

1/3 c. packed brown sugar

2 t. vegetable oil

1 t. vanilla extract

1 ½ t. bottled cinnamon sugar

1. Preheat oven to 425.

2. Combine flour, oats and next four ingredients in a bowl, stir well.

3. Combine egg and next three ingredients, stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.

4. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle batter evenly with cinnamon sugar.

5. Bake at 425 for 18 min. or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.

6. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on wire rack.

Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 muffin).

Per serving: Cal. 130, Fat 2 g., Fiber 1.6 g.




1 comment:

Casey said...

These look delicious! I printed out the recipe and hope to try them soon. Thanks ;)