Saturday, January 31, 2009

STANDING

Earlier this week, Casey posted a video of Nora (London's non-walking buddy) on her blog. Nora was attempting to stand on her own! I showed London the video and said something like, "You should try to stand sometime." I didn't think she was even really paying attention to the video, but a couple of evenings later I came into the room she was in, and she was trying to stand up!
I caught a couple of videos of her first two attempts. She kept trying over and over again and by the end of the night, she could stand probably 10 seconds on her own! Unfortunately I didn't get that on video because every time I would try to take it, she would crawl to me to see herself on the camera.
(please excuse her outfit-- she was half in her play clothes, half in pajamas).


7 comments:

Allyson said...

WOOHOO!!! I can't wait to see you stand in person, London! Walking isn't far away, Mel. Have you London-proofed the house? :)

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

so cute!

Kim said...

Loved hearing your squeals and London's giggles on the videos!

Kylie said...

I don't know which part was better seeing how proud she was of herself on her face or hearing the proud Mommy squeals!! So great!

Frances Vineyard said...

That was me above :)

Cooper Family said...

Melanie,
That was great! Thanks for posting that video clip. Karis and Joshua love to see those type of clips.

London chuckling at herself was so sweet!

lillian said...

that is too adorable mel! i love that she is giggling the entire time!