Friday, September 26, 2008

She talks and talks and talks...

Yes, our baby was very slow to learn how to crawl. And walking doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon. But what she lacks in movement, she makes up for in communicating! This baby is a talker! Jonathan's mom said that he was talking in complete sentences at 16 months old. And my family's endearing (I think?!) nickname for me was "the lip-flapper." So I suppose it should come as no surprise that London is a champion communicator at a year old!

Here are some examples:
She can "sign" the following: more, all done, night night, fish, & bunny.
She can say or has sounds for these words: bye, mama, dada, baby, shoes, door, duck, book, God, teeth, five, peas, cheese, cereal, "baa," "ruff," "tweet," etc.

London is so very precious and we are enjoying every moment with her.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Funny you mention this about London because I was talking to a PC friend today and she informed me that children learn one thing at a time. Just how London is very strong in communication and not walking yet. That is a beautiful picture of her. She looks like a real baby doll.

HGTV TRAFFIC said...

I love that picture!
-Jill

laura m said...

man, can eadie cate come over for some communication lessons!!?? she looks so cute in the pic!

Frances Vineyard said...

Really cool pic..who took it? check out the awesome news on my blog!

lillian said...

hey mel...i really like this pic of londy..talk soon!