Monday, March 31, 2008

Why he's the best:

April 1, 2008
Happy Birthday Jonathan!!!!!!!!!

Today is my husband's birthday. He is THE BEST HUSBAND I KNOW!!!! As a tribute to Jonathan on his birthday, I'd like to point out some reasons why I'm confident he is the best husband.
He loves me; when we go out to eat, after I've been served my food, he asks if there's anything else I need so he can ask the server for it for me; he orders wheat crust instead of white even though he hates it, because he knows it's my favorite; he washes the dishes after dinner without me asking him to; he works SO hard at work all day long and asks me EVERY day if there is anything he can do to serve me; he finds a babysitter so that we can have a date night every week; he motivates me to pursue God more when I see his tireless pursuit of God; he's already begun reading Instructing a Child's Heart so that he can raise London in a way that says that he fears God; he makes detailed plans on paper to put to death sin and cultivate godliness; he shares the Gospel with salesmen and people on his business trips; he buys me special treats (candy, candles, jewelry) downtown for no reason; he says, "You're such a good wife" and the list goes on and on.

Ephesians 5:25 says "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her..." Now that's a sacrificial love!! Wouldn't you agree that Jonathan exemplifies that verse? And that's after less than four years of practice at being a husband! I would say God's grace is on this man! Amen!
Happy Birthday My Love! I love you more than anything in this world!














5 comments:

Jonathan Oldacre said...

Sweetheart, thank you so much for your encouragement; I'm deeply affected, you are MORE than kind! I love you and thanks for my special birthday message!

Love,
jonny

Meg said...

Thank the LORD for wonderful husbands (and Care Group Leaders)! What a blessing :-) Happy Birthday Jonathan!

Meredith said...

What a blessing Jonathan is!

I do want to see pictures of the cake you made for him!!! :)

Happy Belated Birthday Jonathan!!

Frances Vineyard said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan!!

Unknown said...

Hey! do you think we could babysit on one of those date nights?

Love, Otis and Omegus