Friday, March 7, 2008

In the kitchen

A week doesn't go by when I haven't baked at least one thing. I never actually plan to bake something each week, it's just too easy to find an excuse to have something sweet on hand. Excuses include: Jonathan would love that, I'm hungry, and London really needs to be experiencing new smells. I love having London in the kitchen with me while I bake! I can't wait until she's old enough to help.
So, yesterday I decided that it would be nice to have some muffins. I searched a cookbook looking for a recipe with ingredients that I had on had. The closest I could get was a recipe for some vanilla muffins (and I still had to tweak the recipe some- making my own buttermilk since I didn't have any). While they were good, made with yogurt and honey, it's not often that I make something without using sugar! So this morning I made a blueberry sauce to go atop it. Yummy! It was great. I think I used too much vanilla extract, so I'll have to adjust for next time. Here are a few pictures of my creation:
**many pictures of London soon!



No comments: